Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 5 - My Favorite Recipes

Alexis, Me, Arianna... Santa's Little Helpers
For those of you who don't know, I am actually the CHAMPION of a Dessert Tournament, BOO YAH! haha my friends had a Dessert Tournament up here at Utah State! They just wanted a way to get people over to their house. It ended up being a huge success! So there was 8 weeks of competition where one person would make a dessert. There would be a TON of people who would stop by, try the dessert and then give them a score on a scale of 1 -10. The top 4 averages from those weeks went on to playoffs. During playoffs, we competed against each other. Two people would bring dessert and the highest average of the night went on to the finals! Needless to say, I made my way to the finals. I was the 4th seed during playoffs, the underdog, and yet I came out conqueror!! I LOVE being champion. It's a beautiful thing :] Now, I don't think it was SOLELY due to the fact that I made delicious desserts. Cuteness and charm were necessary as well, sweet talk the boys into giving me a high score ;] JUST KIDDING I could never do that on purpose! I won a $30 gift certificate to Texas Roadhouse (Which I JUST used on Friday... Treated my parents :]) and it was just awesome! My winning recipe was my mom's Soda Cracker Candy. This is a Christmas favorite of ours and finals were just before Christmas break. With a little help from my elf friends, we had an AWESOME presentation that night and came out CHAMPION! Dessert Tournament QUEEN!

Well I just searched for the recipe and couldn't find it... but none of you would have gone and made them anyway, right? haha I love how "My Favorite Recipes" post turned into me bragging about the Dessert Tournament? It's okay because I really am not that great of a cook and I guess I just got lucky!

1 comment:

  1. Haha. Way to go!! I have never heard of that candy before. Can't believe I haven't tried it! :) Cute outfits too.

    ReplyDelete